SPONSORED

Highest Score in One Day Cricket Match World Record set by Oliver Hardaker


SPONSORED

A schoolboy cricketer from north Yorkshire has scored what could be a one-day Cricket world record after bludgeoning 329 not out in an amateur cup match.

Horsforth Cricket Club's Oliver Hardaker hit 29 sixes and 28 fours during his remarkable 144-ball innings against Upper Wharfedale.
Hardaker, 18, who admitted to playing only “proper cricket shots” said: "It was the best day of my life. My best previous score was 100 not out for Horsforth under-17s.
"I offered only one chance when I was at 140. I went for a straight drive but skied the ball and the wicketkeeper called for it. However, it caught in the wind and drifted and he did not get to it.”
Hardaker helped Horsforth third XI to a league record 419-5 in the Ian Chappell Cup first-round match before Upper Wharfedale were dismissed for 169.
The Woodhouse Grove School pupil said: "I was asked to bowl but my captain, Phil Lines, changed his mind and said I'd done enough for one day.”
Inspired by an Easter school trip to Antigua’s Recreation Ground, the scene of Brian Lara’s epic 400 for the West Indies against England in 2004, Hardaker is hoping a trial with Yorkshire under-19’s later this summer leads to a life in the game.
“I've played cricket since I was five and I would love to become a professional cricketer,” he added.
Edward Craig, of The Wisden Cricketer magazine, said: "I haven't heard of someone scoring this many runs in 40 overs before. It is an amazing feat."
Ali Brown recorded the best limited-overs innings, scoring 268 for Surrey against Glamorgan in 2002.



Popular Posts

Share this !