SPONSORED

64 Years Old Cricketer set Guinness World Record


SPONSORED

Neville Wadia’s love for cricket had nurtured at a young age. Though 64-year-old Wadia could never make his career in cricket, he has recently got his name registered in the Guinness World Record (GWR) for being the oldest player to score a cricket century in minor cricket.

After his retirement, this resident of Waghodia continued to pursue his childhood passion for cricket as a post-retirement pass time. In a match held between Waghodia Road Cricket team and Vrajdham Vadil Parivar team on March 28 at Sitabaug Ground at Manjalpur, Wadia scored 105 runs making him the oldest player to score a century.

“On that day, I was 63 years and 305 days old and I smashed three sixes and 15 fours during the match. I never thought the match would become so memorable for me. I didn’t even bother about it after the match, but my sons and grandsons forced me to register the score with the Guinness Book. And surprisingly, the GWR replied back saying that no one yet has claimed such a record,” said Wadia.

Wadia, in his youth, played for Herring and Kent Cricket tournament, Kanga League Haji Adamji Latif Vapiwalal Open tournament, Purshottam Shield and other such matches.

“Some of the tournaments are not played any more. Despite my interest, I could never enter into major cricket and could never make it my profession as in those days one was supposed to choose serious professions while cricket was just a past time. But now, I am coaching my eight-year-old grandson in cricket,” said Wadia.




Popular Posts

Share this !